Mother’s Day is Sunday and so begins a time of celebrating Mothers, Fathers and Graduates in our lives. If you’re an adult, the idea of finding a gift for someone that has seemingly everything is a difficult task. We’ve done the work for you and have put together some of the most unique ideas we’ve used for our family over the years.
1. Custom Framed Jewelry Boxes: You’ve done the jewelry thing before, give her a way to show off her favorite necklaces and keep them organized at the same time.
2. Frame a family photo: You’ve only got three more days! Luckily, we have pre-made Photo Frames to fit a 4×6, 5×7 or 8×10. Keep it simple, or let one of the kids embellish the mat with their own style and sentiment.
3. Anthology Gift Cards: Has mom or grandma been hinting they’d like an updated family photo? Want the college graduate to frame that really expensive piece of paper? We have gift cards in any amount that require zero planning. You can even call us at 303-534-1331 and we’ll take care of everything.
4. A nice pen and a conversation piece: We have a selection of handmade pens by Conner Woodworks that make the perfect gift for a parent or graduate.
5. Make a memory they can keep forever: Preservation is the hallmark of custom framing. Maybe it’s band poster your husband has had for years or the last concert you attend at Red Rocks before your grad heads off to college, make sure it will last a lifetime.
At least once a week someone walks through the door and starts the conversation with…”it’s just a poster, but”. We get it and you don’t need to explain. Posters might not have a substantial monetary value, but their emotional value can be priceless. A favorite movie or band, the city you grew up in or an artist whose original work may be unattainable. Growing up it was a Michael Jordan Air poster for Zack, Kendra had tacked an NKOTB poster to her wall and her favorite Mucha poster remains hanging in the house 12 years after framing it. We still buy posters, especially for our 6-year-old Gunnison’s room. People bring in posters with several sets of tack holes in the corners for each time they’ve moved, clearly it’s a permanent fixture. By custom framing a prized poster, you’ll be able to dress up the fact that it’s just a poster and make it art for any room in the house.
So take the tacks out and bring in your favorite poster. Through the end of February, all poster framing is 20% off. Prices start as low as $85 for a drymount, laminate and basic custom frame. Give us a call or stop in for a quote.
We’re frugal too! The “buy one get one for a penny” sale on ready made frames is a great deal and awfully tempting. The only problem is the frames are often made of pressed cardboard, have a few scratches and all look the same.
The alternative, photo frames from Anthology. The same high end frames that you’ve come to expect on your custom work, but made in standard sizes. We have frames with acid free mats already cut and included, or we’ll be happy to find a more suitable color and custom cut it for you. You can also email us your files and we’ll be happy to make the photo print for you in any size. They make great gifts!
For the month of June, all our Ready Made frames are Buy One, Get One Half Off!